[Bf-committers] Migration to git and upgrade projects website

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Thu Oct 17 14:30:55 CEST 2013

Hi,

There's a lot of reasons to try to keep this in our own control - especially when it's possible because you have an infrastructure in place. Quality of services is one, and keeping control over your own future and projects another.

10 years ago people also asked me why not to host it on sourceforge. Or later on why not to use code.google.com. And now github is the new cool kid on the block.

Just watch (or remember) the documentary "Terms and Conditions May Apply". :)

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute