[Bf-committers] lib maintainers, remember to stick to the same version across OSs

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 14:25:38 CEST 2013

In fact, you made it up %) Joke :)

Build environment is different from install_deps and does use 1.1.11, so
it's not SO bad (the same is used for windows).

I'd rather not update oiio just yet, because we still need to make final
release and making changes to build environmrnt coild lead to some
unpredicted results if you'll do something wrong..

Please just call an AHOY for libs update when your new feature really
requires up-to-date libs. Commit message could be lost i mind or not be so
much clear whether all the platform maintainers need to update and so. Hope
you see what i mean :)

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 2:06 PM, Dalai Felinto <dfelinto at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> That was said a few times, but we are again in a situation that illustrates
> well the problem of version mismatching.
>
> OpenImageIO versions used:
>
> [0] - OSX: 1.1.9
> [1] - Linux: 1.1.10
> [2] - Windows vc9  : 1.1.11
> [3] - Windows vc11: 1.2.2
>
> (I'm not making that up, check the links ;)
>
> That small difference was enough to have PSD loading working in Windows
> builds made with vc11, OSX, and Linux (no idea which version Linux is
> using). But it fails in Windows builds with msvc9 (aka what we use in the
> buildbot and in official releases). [4] .
>
> We should have a call for update soon (pending some work Brecht wants to
> write/commit to openimageio upstream). So no need to update things right
> now.
> But please, let's stick to the matching-versions rule.
>

> [0] -
>
> https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/trunk/lib/darwin-9.x.universal/openimageio/include/OpenImageIO/version.h
>
> [1] -
>
> https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/trunk/blender/build_files/build_environment/install_deps.sh