[Bf-committers] Import based on extension

Jan Albartus albartus at home.nl
Tue Oct 15 18:02:11 CEST 2013

I am unsure how practical this workflow would be;

Import an object using the 'default' import settings. Then have in the
toolshelf (on the left) the import options which a user can tweak.
(changing an option will cause the current imported to be removed and
re-import with the new settings.) This would mimic the way a new mesh,
say a circle, where the user can change the radius/vertices as long as
nothing has been edited.

The problem becomes then that re-importing the mesh could take longer.
(maybe an apply button?) The advantage could be that instead of making
the selection up-front, it can be done after 'import'.

I am unsure how practical (from a user's perspective) that would be
though. Maybe setting the import options on forehand is the best way to
go. It would be the first application to change import-settings after
import?