[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [60735] trunk/blender/release/scripts/ startup/bl_ui/properties_data_mesh.py: Properties Editor / Mesh Data:

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 20:01:37 CEST 2013

This particular case "looks" ok-ish, however you're using completely empty
file for comparison. Open almost any file from openmovie where there're
loads of shapekeys, vertex groups and couple of uv maps for almost every
object i the scene. No scrolling is saved in that case.

And i'm mainly annoyed by the things like object list in motion tracker.
List with a single camera item looks weird.

Further:
- If you're really fighting every single empty row of list, why adding
single vertex group or shapekey expands the list to 5 rows?
- And why it's only vertex groups and shapekeys lists which are getting
expanded to 5 items when adding one item there? I.e. UV maps and vertex
color lists does not do this. This smells much more serous inconsistency ;)

Anyway, i just telling i didn't particularly liked this change. It's up to
UI maintainers to either take it into account or just move to /dev/null.
Don't want to spend more time on this topic, we all do have more important
things today.

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 7:41 PM, Thomas Dinges <blender at dingto.org> wrote:

> Comparison: http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=60745
>
> I don't see why it's worse now, rather it was totally pointless to have
> 2 rows of empty space in the UI before. ;)
>
> Am 14.10.2013 19:38, schrieb Sergey Sharybin:
> > List with one row just looks fuzzy for me.
> >
> > And that's not the way of getting rid of scrolling, imo. Compare height
> > used by the list (i.e. in particles editor) and height of all the panels
> > with settings. If we want to optimize scrolling we'd rather re-shuffle
> > stuff so important one is on the top and stuff you don't use much is in
> > collapsed panels.
> >
> > Anyway, not a point in such a consistency, look at texture list i.e. ;)

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin