[Bf-committers] Blender new interface suggestion

Antony Riakiotakis kalast at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 18:46:53 CEST 2013

Important note, since I can see a small pattern the size of a continent
apparent here, in the bug tracker, personal emails etc:

Most, if not all of the developers are aware of Andrew Prices's suggestions
:)

Apart from that, in such cases as "The new user does not know", I would
usually reply RTFM.
Except we have a very outdated one.

That's not to say that such suggestions have no value, but it is
unavoidable, even in a perfect (?) UI that for some things users will need
to read documentation.

Anyway, personally I think the manual really needs work. How about a
"Coder's winter of documentation" where maintainers of code spend a week or
so checking if manual of their code domain is in a good state?