[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [60692] trunk/blender/source/blender: Fix build scripts related to PSD support.

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 02:47:10 CEST 2013

Hi,

> it causes unwanted behavior that the PSD support is enabled even if
WITH_IMAGE_OPENIMAGEIO=OFF and WITH_CYCLES=ON

This is actually the wanted behaviour. Bear with me ...

If the average user just builds Blender, she gets Cycles, PSD, all the
goodies.

If the advanced user/developer doesn't want to build Cycles but wants PSD
support, she does WITH_CYCLES=OFF and WITH_IMAGE_OPENIMAGEIO=ON

If the user doesn't want anything to use OIIO, she simply does
WITH_CYCLES=OFF.

I believe (may be wrong) that one of main ideas of having those defines in
the code is to speed up building (less code to build, less libraries to
link to ...). Thus I think we should tie the defines to the library, not
the feature.

Dalai // mobile