[Bf-committers] download.blender.org ftp access

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Fri Oct 11 11:28:31 CEST 2013

Hi all,

As you might remember, we have an anonymous ftp.blender.org upload facility. It's for people to upload material related to our projects here (test binaries mostly).

This unfortunately got abused a bit too much now. For that reason it has been limited a bit:

- No creation of directories allowed
- No http browsing without password allowed
- Automatic cronjob will remove things here ruthlessly now each month.

What still works:

- ftp to ftp.blender.org
- user anonymous. cd to directory incoming/
- just put your file(s) there, and it will be available as
  http://download.blender.org/ftp/incoming/<your file>

Devs who like to get password access for browsing this directory with http, just ask me or Dan 'troubled' McGrath.

Thanks,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute