[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting minutes - october 6, 2013
ton at blender.org
Sun Oct 6 18:21:52 CEST 2013
Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
1) Upcoming 2.69 release
- Showstopper bug for opening multiple windows, a commit will get rewinded. (Brecht van Lommel will handle it).
- Planning: we move to BCon5 now, and create the tagged release branch tomorrow. After that branch was successfully created we will notify everyone here we're back in BCon1 again.
- Reminder: for this release, we will make a full 2.69 version (tagged, splashed, with correct version, etc) and make that available as "Release Candidate" first.
Fixes reported on the release candidate get fixed in *both* trunk and the released branch. That gives some overhead, but we expect it will do fine.
- Logs in progress:
2) Google Summer of Code
- 12 of 15 students were accepted on their final evaluation. (two didn't make midterm, one student gave up after midterm). Reports on result for GSoC will follow soon.
- The LoD (for game engine) GSoC project was reviewed, and with small changes can go to trunk next week.
- Note: every GSoC student can now propose their work for reviews now, or inclusion in trunk. Keep in touch with the mentors too!
3) Other projects
- Sjoerd de Vries proposes to have the Hive add-on as release target for one of the 2.7x versions.
- Meeting ended with UI discussions - but no actions were defined other than we can work on (re)defining) good common grounds first and then just solve the differences in a practical way. The next weeks and especially Blender Conference can be used for it.
Ton Roosendaal - ton at blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A - 1018AD Amsterdam - The Netherlands
More information about the Bf-committers