[Bf-committers] Render stamp improvements

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 09:15:12 CEST 2013

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 1:26 AM, Manu Järvinen <manu.jarvinen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Would it be easy to include Samples and Tiles to the render stamp settings?
>
> Like this:
> http://goo.gl/fxuAxt
>
> Or even better would be the type of how VRay handles render stamps:
> http://goo.gl/FDFlmd
>
> So that you could have an option to write these different parameters into
> the Note field (see the image mockup).
>
> Often there's a need to have more information stamped onto the frames than
> currently is available.
>
> For visual improvements:
> - the VRay type 'Full width' bar
> - 3px more empty space both above and below the text lines
>
> What do you think?
>
> Best regards,
> Manu Järvinen
> www.manujarvinen.com

Not sure about having to manually expose each value, %rendertime etc,
its convenient but means we have some list of mappings and users tend
to complain that various values are missing (and you end up having a
kind of small API for accessing values),

also addons wouldnt have their values included in that list by default
so it could get annoying.

Heres a quick hack that evaluates the 'note' field as a Python
expression, so you can put whatever values you like in there.

http://www.graphicall.org/ftp/ideasman42/stamp_py_eval_r60541.py

However its also not ideal since the expressions tend to get very long
(longer then the text entry field).

eg:

"Test Obs:%r, AA:%r %r" % (len(context.scene.objects),
context.scene.render.use_antialiasing, app.build_platform)

evaluates to:
Test Obs:4, AA:False b'Linux'