[Bf-committers] Newton fluid control in smoke module

Patrick Fuerst pat.fuerst at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 13:34:40 CEST 2013

Hey all.

 I'm new here and want to introduce myself first.  I'm a student at the Technical University of Vienna studying Computer Graphics. Currently I'm working on my Bachelor thesis implementing an algorithm to control newton fluids.
http://cg.iit.bme.hu/~zsolnai/gfx/fluidcontrol/real_time_fluid_control.pdf
 Already implemented it in Blender.

Currently I'm testing it, by adding obstacles (serving as my boundaries for the smoke distribution ) like a sphere with the old code of the wave turbulence.
The next step would be to add some code, so it would be  possible to add any kind of geometry serving as my target distribution.  Like adding collision objects.

Would appreciate some thoughts about this.

cheers,
Patrick