[Bf-committers] UI question (about collada exporter)

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 20:25:28 CET 2013

Calculating what you export ahead of time isnt always so simple and
users will complain if blender gets it wrong.
(complications may involve set-scenes, particle-duplis, nested
duplis... and de-duplicating wherever the export supports it too).

You may end up having to use some hash-map for instanced geometry -
then loop over data in a way that matches the real export loop - just
to find what you export.

Also, if you export data that isn't on a visible layer you don't
necessarily know if it has UV's for example - since a modifier may
remove (or in the future add them) and it wont have been calculated
yet.

Don't think its worth to add more code just for this slight convenience.

- Campbell