[Bf-committers] Blender soft select feature

Crs Mrn mahri726 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 14:14:57 CET 2013

Hi. I have some questions. Does Blender have something similar to soft
selection in Maya? That feature is very useful, especially for morphs. Soft
selection is something like that: you click a vertex, and all the vertices
around get some colours.(usually yellow red and black). If you translate
the vertex, the yellow vertices around move with it, red move a little and
black very little. By holding the B key, you can get the fallof circle
radius bigger or smaller. The soft select can be customized with a feature
named falloff curve. I think that soft select is a great tool for morphs or
for precision sculpting. Does Blender have something similar? I miss that
tool.