[Bf-committers] Windows: Switch to vc2012 status?

Alexandr Kuznetsov kuzsasha at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 06:26:35 CET 2013

Hi Thomas,

On 11/24/2013 11:33 PM, Thomas Dinges wrote:
> Libs are still in SVN and will stay there as well:
> https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/trunk/lib/
Thanks for info.
> Will the builds still run on Windows XP then? I remember some problems
> with the VS 2012 builds afaik?
> Not that we should bother much, as even Microsoft itself drops support
> for it in a few weeks, but still...
Good question. I never tested it. It seems vc has a different toolset
for it:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/jj851139.aspx
We are only missing remote debugging and static analysis. So, not much.
(But it is probably the last version with XP support)

And I think we should support XP until April 8, 2014, when all xp
computers will be destroyed by released vulnerabilities. ;)

Best,
Alex