[Bf-committers] Windows: Switch to vc2012 status?

Alexandr Kuznetsov kuzsasha at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 00:31:33 CET 2013

Hi Thomas,

* Afaik all libraries should work fine. I remember there were some
instability issues (due to small differences in OCIO), but I think they
were resolved. (I mostly used linux for few month) Anyway, all libs can
be easily rebuild with vc2012.
*  VS 2013. Sigh. If we should update, we should update to the latest
one. Here is the new feature list:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/hh409293.aspx
  I'm in the process of building the libraries. They should be ready in
a week. Btw, where do I upload libs now?
* I cannot comment on CUDA as I never build with Cycles on Windows.

Best,
Alex

P.S.
We need to compile only C++ libs. Most C libs should work fine.