[Bf-committers] Windows: Switch to vc2012 status?

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Sun Nov 24 23:48:35 CET 2013

Hi everyone,
What is the current status of our vc2012 support?

I was working on updating our OSL libraries and discovered reasons again
why we should abandon vc2008 finally... (see
http://developer.blender.org/T37527)

The question now is, what is missing or blocking us from doing the change?

* All libraries are there and Blender works fine as far as I remember?
* We'd need to update to CUDA 5.5 I guess? Or is vc2012 working with
CUDA 5.0 as well?

Does any developer here already use vc2012 on a (daily) basis and can
confirm that Blender is stable when built with it?

Best regards,
Thomas