[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting minutes - Nov 24, 2013

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Nov 24 19:02:00 CET 2013

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders

1) Migration to git & phabricator

- Everything is smooth and working! Last remaining issues are here:
http://developer.blender.org/project/view/31/

- We need a good doc for Windows git tortoise users. Especially how ssh keys work. Thomas Dinges volunteers to write it here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Building_Blender/Windows

2) Projects for 2.70

- Alexander Pinzof added his GSoC work for Laplacian deform modifier:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.70/Modeling

- Thomas Beck works on a wireframe modifier, based on Campbell Barton's mesh operator. A doc and patch will be published soon.

- Meeting discussed whether we should enable "templates" for startup, or enable having multiple startup.blends to choose from. There are simple solutions for it, but Brecht van Lommel prefers to work on something good. It's related to our asset browsing project as well. On hold for further investigation.

- Bastien Montagne works on removing last radians from UI (so UI is degrees everywhere). Note that in code, radians are the default.

Laters,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute