[Bf-committers] Are our git tags out of date?

Trouble Daemon troubledaemon at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 15:28:32 CET 2013

Hey,

I see. Well, from local tests here, the problem will go away the next time
a `git tag -a` is run:

  dan at wks:~/blender-build/testgit$ git describe master
  v2.70-1-g4eac1c8
  dan at wks:~/blender-build/testgit$ vim GNUmakefile
  dan at wks:~/blender-build/testgit$ git commit -a
  [master fcafbfd] Undo last test commit
   1 file changed, 1 deletion(-)
  dan at wks:~/blender-build/testgit$ git describe master
  v2.70-2-gfcafbfd

Interesting that it has a handy auto increment field between the tag name
and the hash. While we are on the topic of tags though, I was wondering
when the tags will be applied. My assumption is that the next RC will be
the start of this? Also, once the tags are back working again, will we
switch to using this "describe" output as the splash screens version number?

Dan