[Bf-committers] blendercasts reloaded...

patrick boelens p_boelens at msn.com
Sat Nov 23 17:41:27 CET 2013

A long, long time ago I remember there being a discussion about macro's in Blender. Iirc the core concept of those was the same: allow a user to record a set of actions and replay them.

To me it seems like the proposed Blendercast would rely heavily on such a feature. If macros ever get developed in the future, this may be something to keep in kind. For example, they could be extended to allow saving to and loading from files (i.e.: boxModelHouse.macro), jumping to a particular time or "step", setting a playback speed and show the name and parameters of the action being performed in real-time (i.e.: Extrude face (0, 0, -0.5), Scale face (0.2, 0.2, 0.2)).

Perhaps something like that would be a more feasible alternative. It could then be used as an addition to tutorials for instance, both written and screencasted, as well as having a wider use-case.

Just my two cents.

-Patrick