[Bf-committers] blendercasts reloaded...

Gaia gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org
Sat Nov 23 16:44:05 CET 2013

On 23.11.2013 15:30, Brecht Van Lommel wrote:
> For me the reasons not to do this are:
>
> * It shifts work from tutorial makers to developers, and it's the
> developers that are already the bottleneck at the moment, we have many
> people making tutorials. So developer time seems a more rare resource
> at the moment.
I am not sure why this would shift work from tutorial makers to developers.
Or do you mean "creating this tool would need developer resources" ?
Otherwise why would tutorial makers not use such a tool ? Its not so
different
to use compared to creating screen casts ...
> * I have never seen such a system done well in other applications, the
> few times I've come across it, it's always been pretty frustrating.
What made these tools frustrating ? Is this a bad concept or did you
only step
into tools which had it badly implemented ?
> I'm not sure why, maybe it's just a coincidence and there are
> applications (of Blender's complexity) out there that do this very
> well.
This actually keeps me on track :) Actually this is a good argument for
continue thinking about how it could be done better :)