[Bf-committers] Git commit issues

Antonio Ospite ospite at studenti.unina.it
Fri Nov 22 00:35:06 CET 2013

On Thu, 21 Nov 2013 18:02:32 +0100
Brecht Van Lommel <brechtvanlommel at pandora.be> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> It seems we are all still learning how to work with Git, and it's
> being complicated more by problems with git submodules that seem to
> not be behaving like we want them to.

I didn't follow all the preparation of the switch to git, sorry, but
have you considered using an approach "external" to git to keep in sync
multiple repositories? Something like repo[1] used in Android, or mr[2]
or gitslave[3].

mr is the simplest one IMHO.

They may be less portable and require yet another tool, but they are
designed to sync _independent_ repositories, which submodules make a
pain to deal with.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/git-repo/
[2] http://myrepos.branchable.com/
[3] http://gitslave.sourceforge.net/