[Bf-committers] How Merge master changes into remote branch

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Wed Nov 20 21:49:32 CET 2013

At the moment what we are advising is to rebase for local only
branches, and merge for branches that are in the repository on
git.blender.org, and so shared with others. When that branch is going
to be merged into the master branch, it must be first locally rebased
and then pushed.

In fact this policy is enforced by the git server now, if you try to
do a force push anywhere it will reject it, and if you try to do a
merge commit to the master branch it will reject that too.