[Bf-committers] HOWTO transplant development branches coming from git-svn to git.blender.org

Julien RIVAUD (_FrnchFrgg_) frnchfrgg at free.fr
Tue Nov 19 15:18:59 CET 2013

Le 18/11/2013 17:48, Dalai Felinto a écrit :
> Stereographers will have you in good account - even though you made it
> sound as if my branch was the worse user-case for branch migration
Not worse but hard because long-lived. Most devs probably have smaller
branches that they rebased regularly. But I think that providing a
glimpse of solution for cases like yours is better than saying "tough
luck discard your meaningful history"; that would not be a welcoming way
to switch to git for the official repository.
> , but that's fair enough since it was my first time using git for real ;)
>
> Even following the instructions seem to be extremely time consuming, but
> I'll try to go over them later this week.
That's not that long in fact, but I'm accustomed to the tools. What can
be long is if you try to cleanup history while you're at it.

By the way, the howto has been updated with better cleaning up (wasn't
totally up-to-date with latest cleanups introduced by Campbell, so it
could leave some files behind which means an unwarranted differential
between your branch and master). People using it might want to fetch
that anew.

_FrnchFrgg_