[Bf-committers] Commiting someone else patches (Re: [4ea79fc] master: Patch T37363: ...)

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Tue Nov 19 08:01:42 CET 2013

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 2:55 AM, GSR <gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> ospite at studenti.unina.it (2013-11-18 at 1111.33 +0100):
>> Maybe the documentation can mention "git format-patch" for exporting
>> patches, and "git am" for importing them, this way the commit message
>> too will be the same the patch author wrote.
>
> Yes, good idea, sadly the Code Review does not support the mailbox
> style approach. Added to
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Tools/Patches anyway, hoping
> the support lands soon, as it is a better way to do things with git.

Please don't it add like this. You can add it add in a section at the
end of the document but you should mention very clearly that it does
not work with our code review tool at the moment, otherwise we are
going to get a lot of confusion. I would love this to work but let's
try to work with what we have.

The best way to work is to use arc at the moment.

Brecht.