[Bf-committers] developer.blender.org

Gaia gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org
Sat Nov 16 12:52:22 CET 2013

On 15.11.2013 17:34, Brecht Van Lommel wrote:
> 4.) Who are the "People" in the people area ?
> It's all user accounts on the website. I'm not sure how that is
> unclear or if we should solve it (see my reply in the other thread
> about changing application names, I think it will add confusion in
> another way).

What confused me: The site is *developer.blender.org*,
So i expected to see the list of blender developers.
Furthermore i overlooked the "next" button at the
bottom left corner of the screen.

- Could we get 3 queries in the People section for:

    - "All"
    - "Developers" (maybe as the Default query?)
    - "Module Owners"

- Can the number of users per page be made customizable ?
   With a preset such that the next button appears without scrolling ?
   like 25 users per page maybe ?

>> 8.) The BF Blender area and the Addons area contain
>> links and buttons.
>>
>> Would it be possible to show the buttons as links
>> instead ? That would make the page look more
>> organized (imho)
> I made them buttons to attract more attention than the other links,
> since they seem like the most common action new users or developers
> would want to do.
What about:

-  change "... More Projects" to "more Projects ..." or "more ..."
-  use the same font size as the other entries but with boldface
    letters
-  Place the "more ..." link either aligned to the left column
    or to the right column (or into the title bar,see below)

After trying a bit ... what about this ? (working with boldface):

---------------+------------------+---------------------------------**
*BF Blender   |   Addons         |   Top 10 Subprojects (more ...)
*---------------+------------------+---------------------------------
*Report Bug*     | *Report Bug*| Animation Motion tracking
Browse Bugs    | Browse Bugs| Cycles Sculpt & Paint
Browse Patches | Browse Addons | Compositing Translations
*Submit Patch*   | *Submit new Addon*| Game Engine     User interface
                | | Mesh Modelling Websites
**---------------+------------------+---------------------------------
***
*note: the "top 10 Subprojects" title would not be a link,
       only the part labelled "more ..."
note: "Sculpt & Paint" is just a shortcut i used
       to keep the line length below 72.

one more: Documentation, Buildbot, Feed are external links

Could these links be marked as leaving the site ? And/Or maybe
they could open a new page in another tab instead of leaving
developer.blender.org ?
*
*-gaia-