[Bf-committers] developer.blender.org open!

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 18:25:56 CET 2013

Names are from phab's upstream, not choosen by us. On the one hand it might
make things more clear for the young players by renaming them, but on the
other hand if more experienced developer who is familiar with phab will
join the community he'll get a piece of confusion.

Phab repo is not gonna to disappear. It'll just be moved down. Either due
to inactivity in it or by manual tweaks.

And yes, we can put more info to the front page. in fact, there's
"Documentation" link in the side bar. Could be extented with a block with
explicit links to "how to clone repo" page (there's no single clone url,
you would also need to run one more extra command to update submodules).

Fork is not actually possible. Not in our infrastructure. We would likely
add blender-experiments repo where we'll be really liberal abour new
branches, but would not allow to create infinite amount of repos there.
 Eventually we'll have "official" mirror on github, where you'll be able to
fork tho.

Anyway, all this is rather minor things and mostly easy to solve tweak. For
now first-priority is to return infrastructure to a state when developers
might continue their work.