[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting notes - November 10, 2013

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Nov 10 17:10:22 CET 2013

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.

1) Migration to git, new project system and trackers

- You can see work in progress here, it's almost done!
http://developer.blender.org/

- Next Wednesday shutdown!!!
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Migration_to_Git_Phabricator

- SVN and Fusionforge might be down 1 or 2 days before the new services start with Git and Phabricator. We will keep you updated here frequently.

- Git workflow policy: we will start work as usual, how we cooperated and committed with svn.

- Brecht van Lommel prefers developers to get used to do (and ask for) review though.

- Campbell Barton adds: if developers are not sure on git use or want to push large changes, they could use codereview to begin with. Will save everyone work and it keeps history clean.

- The old links to bugs in old trackers will be kept around for archiving purposes.

2) Work on Blender projects

- As discussed, we will try to make 2.70 something special, so a release is not going to happen within  the 2 month release cycle.

- There are still too many open bugs! Help!

Thanks,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute