[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting notes, November 3, 2013

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Nov 3 16:41:05 CET 2013

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net, #blendercoders.

1) Blender 2.69 release review

- No showstoppers reported. Seems our new Release Candidate scheduling is paying off now. :)

2) Migration to git and upgrade of projects site

- People can see the WIP git server here:
http://git.blender.org/gitweb/

Warning!!! This repo and all the hashes may change still, use for testing only.

- New projects website will be here:
http://developer.blender.org/

- That url will show something in a couple of days). Sneak peek:
http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=61673

- Full planning is here in wiki:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Migration_to_Git_Phabricator

- The migration team thinks we can have something work within a week! Of course, a nice friendly svn-to-git doc for Blender developers will be in wiki before we migrate officially. (My personal vote is for a git migration video with Campbell Barton!).

3) Current projects

- Sergey Sharybin: works on a switch option to regular Beziers in mask editing

- Still too many bugs in tracker. All BF/BI devs who don't do git migration will keep having focus on managing issues in tracker.

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute