[Bf-committers] Git migration: branches to exclude

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 16:28:58 CET 2013

Heres my first pass at listing branches to exclude,

On the wiki page there are some details about why branches are
selected to be excluded.

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Proposals/MigrationToGit#Branches_to_Exclude

If you rather your branch is included, reply to this mail - but keep
in mind this means blenders git repository will increase in size and
everyone who checks out Blender will (by default) be downloading the
branch too.
So if this is project from years ago that was never merged, we better
just keep the subversion as an archive.

(rough guess - if we include all branches the repository would
increase from 260mb to 600-800mb)
... but I cant test this, my system runs out of memory creating a git
repo with all branches.

--
- Campbell