[Bf-committers] Blender developer weekly meeting notes - May 26, 2013
ton at blender.org
Sun May 26 17:39:53 CEST 2013
Here are the notes for the weekly developer meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders
1) Blender 2.67a review
- Right after the 2.67a a couple of bugs were reported and fixed... especially features that worked in 2.66 before should be in a release.
Proposal is to ask the release team to make a new build this week.
- Campbell Barton made an initial list of fixes of he likes to see included in an update:
- We'll review the list in irc and on this list. These will go in the svn release branch, so we can update a bugfix-2.67 simply.
- Tuesday an ahoy is expected for it.
- Meeting spent some time on a review why this happened, it's mix of bad luck, and too much maintenance work in BCon3/4 periods. In general, keeping a 'stable' branch around and update as frequently as possible is never bad.
2) 2.68 targets
- Dalai Felinto makes great progress on stereoscopic rendering/compositing and viewing. https://github.com/dfelinto/blender/tree/multiview
It's unsure still if this will be ready for 2.68. Code review will start a.s.a.p.
- Bastien Montagne is almost done with Linux OpenEXR 2.0 install-deps script.
- Release target list has been updated, We now move to "BCon2":
3) Other projects
- Campbell and Sergey Sharybin (and others) are testing converting svn history to git. There's also tests going on with Phabricator.
A more formal proposal for git migration is coming, a feasible target for migration is October this year.
- Sergey: The Tomato branch has a WIP feature, mask tracking!
This is not a release target yet, get the tomato branch for testing.
- Leap Motion device seed has started, we wait a bit for it to arrive everywhere. There's a developer from Leap who already added support for the BGE, he will be connecting with us soonish.
4) Google Summer of Code
- Tomorrow 19 UTC Google will announce the official results. Shortly after the http://code.blender.org blog will introduce the students and their projects.
Ton Roosendaal - ton at blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A - 1018AD Amsterdam - The Netherlands
More information about the Bf-committers