[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [57023] trunk/blender/source/blender/ editors/space_view3d/drawobject.c: Simple usability fix:

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sun May 26 12:11:40 CEST 2013

On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 7:01 PM, Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For me it shows in both in wire as in solid quite clear, just a bit subtle.
>
> The main thing is to have a clear difference between active+selection. Some variations here are easily possible. The theme color currently is only used for active + not selected.
>
> Here's what I see in default theme.
>
> Solid:
> http://www.pasteall.org/pic/52152
>
> Wire:
> http://www.pasteall.org/pic/52153
>
> The stippling is also a bit ugly, could be looked at ditching it in favour of blending color like for other transparent selected overlay faces.
>
> -Ton-

Thats strange, it looks like this for me (with factory settings)
http://www.graphicall.org/ftp/ideasman42/theme_color_r57023.png

The reason for using stippling is so when you're texturing, the colors
of the object you texture are not confused with the color of the
active face.
You probably remember 2.3x used to have a colored outline for the actuve face.

Maybe stipple could be used only in 'Texture' viewport shading.