[Bf-committers] Windows XP and the future of Blender

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Sun May 19 08:45:14 CEST 2013

> Please no OS  religions here, but fencing out XP users is suicide.

Nothing religious about this question, but do you think MS is
committing suicide by dropping XP? Personally I would like to see
continued XP support because I have one machine that runs it because
it is too slow to run it as a virtual Linux XP. It must run some XP
only programs and it has Blender for my free time. On the other hand,
there is no problem with running an older Blender there as could be
the case for most people still using XP. As stated before no reason to
drop it until it starts really causing time eating problems for the
programmers.

--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!