[Bf-committers] platform maintainers: request to update exr lib to 2.0

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Fri May 17 14:59:22 CEST 2013

Actually i'm really skeptical about such a bump. That'd introduce extra
pain building blender on linux -- seems only gentoo and arch switched to
openexr 2.0.

Also, some of the distros like ubuntu and fedora contains openimageio,
which is for sure linked against distro's openexr 1.6.

This is all leads to really spaghetti changes and would rather see updates
for build instructions and probably install dependencies script before
we'll bump openexr version required for blender.

P.S. In any way, this will also be a PITA for distros maintainers :(

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 1:45 AM, Dalai Felinto <dfelinto at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't see why we would need the python part of it.
> Basically the same build settings we used for 1.71 should be used for 2.0 I
> believe.
>
> And yes other libs that depend on it will need to be recompiled:
> That means primary openimageio. But I also believe OSL and OCIO are needed
> (they depend on OIIO).
> [here I only built exr and oiio, but then I'm building with no osl/ocio]
>
> I'm not sure there is any other library (or even if ocio needs it).
>
> Thanks,
> Dalai
> --
> blendernetwork.org/member/dalai-felinto
> www.dalaifelinto.com
>

> 2013/5/15 Jürgen Herrmann <shadowrom at me.com>
>
> > Hi Dalai,
> >
> > I could provide builds for Vc2008 and VC2012 after the 2.67a release.
> > Just some questions:
> > - Do we have to recompile other libs that depend on OpenEXR too?
> > OSL for example relies on it.
> > - As we don't have boost python in the boost libs I guess we won't need
> > the python part in OpenEXR, right?
> >
> > /Jürgen
> >
> > Am 15.05.2013 um 20:31 schrieb Antony Riakiotakis <kalast at gmail.com>:
> >
> > > Hi Dalai, I'll be building soon for the MinGW systems. Is the python
> part
> > > of the library required?

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin