[Bf-committers] Visual Studio 2012 OpenAL fixes...

Jürgen Herrmann shadowrom at me.com
Wed May 15 18:28:52 CEST 2013

Hi Jörg,

I hope there is someone who can approve the fix. I'll be on IRC later on
this evening I think, I'll try to talk to KittyCat.
It seems that the problem is all about telling Windows to switch its audio
system to a 44.1khz sample rate instead of switching OpenAL to the sample
rate Windows tells OpenAL to use.
That did the trick on my system. As an alternative you can just switch your
Windows Audio System to 44100Hz by editing the preferences. But we won't be
able to tell user to do that in order to use Blenders 3D sound I guess ;)

/Jürgen