[Bf-committers] 2.67a proposed fixes

CoDEmanX codemanx at gmx.de
Tue May 14 15:42:24 CEST 2013

node.type returns the old enum string, whereas nodes.new(type=...)
expects one of the new type names:

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Phonybone/Python_Nodes/API_changes

I don't think this is a good idea to not break old scripts, the required
effort to update the types seems little and would confuse scripters less
(it already did [1], and they didn't know about the above wiki page).

So I suggest to either change the strings of node.type to the new ones,
or print a warning in console if this is accessed to inform scripters
that it doesn't match the type used in nodes.new()

[1]
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?291921-2-67-won-t-add-node