[Bf-committers] Ready for first commit?!

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Tue May 14 12:37:30 CEST 2013

Users will need to unpack libraries to use anyway, and svn server zips
files anyway, afair. So i'd rather not to 7zip anything. We don't do this
or current libraries and it worked reasonably well so far.

Or are msvc2012's libraries so much bigger so we could not afford having
then unpacked in svn?

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 3:32 PM, Jürgen Herrmann <shadowrom at me.com> wrote:

> Hi Brecht,
>
> Yes, when packed with 7Zip the libs get real small.
> I'll commit the release libs only first and find a convenient solution for
> the debug libs then.
> I guess having the debug libs packed in 7z files is the best solution so
> devs can unpack them when needed.
> I think i'll add a batch script for unpacking.
>

> Am 14.05.2013 um 11:09 schrieb Brecht Van Lommel <
> brechtvanlommel at pandora.be>:
>
> > On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 10:16 AM, Jürgen Herrmann <shadowrom at me.com>
> wrote:
> >> It is possible to build RelWithDebInfo builds of blender, that is what
> I used to debug blender in the most cases. But a real Debug Build can only
> be done with debug libs :(
> >> See: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/hh697468.aspx
> >> So I'll have to provide both build types of the libs for full featured
> debugging.
> >> The debug libs have 150MB when packed as a 7z file, I think we could
> store them in packaged form on SVN?
> >
> > Debug libraries are quite useful to have, RelWithDebInfo works but is
> > not ideal for debugging in many cases.
> >
> > Still, most users that make their own Blender builds do not need debug
> > libraries, so if they make the svn checkout e.g. 2x larger it would be
> > good to be able to download them separately. So you're saying all the
> > debug libs are only 150 MB? That seems quite small so might be ok.
> >
> > Brecht.

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin