[Bf-committers] Ready for first commit?!

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Tue May 14 11:09:10 CEST 2013

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 10:16 AM, Jürgen Herrmann <shadowrom at me.com> wrote:
> It is possible to build RelWithDebInfo builds of blender, that is what I used to debug blender in the most cases. But a real Debug Build can only be done with debug libs :(
> See: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/hh697468.aspx
> So I'll have to provide both build types of the libs for full featured debugging.
> The debug libs have 150MB when packed as a 7z file, I think we could store them in packaged form on SVN?

Debug libraries are quite useful to have, RelWithDebInfo works but is
not ideal for debugging in many cases.

Still, most users that make their own Blender builds do not need debug
libraries, so if they make the svn checkout e.g. 2x larger it would be
good to be able to download them separately. So you're saying all the
debug libs are only 150 MB? That seems quite small so might be ok.

Brecht.