[Bf-committers] select loop behavior

patrick boelens p_boelens at msn.com
Mon May 13 18:41:37 CEST 2013

+1 on finding this behaviour annoying.

Since this behaviour was implemented with an N-gon use-case in mind, would it be possible/ make sense to have the behaviour vary depending on whether or not the selected edge belongs to an N-gon or not?

Right now though, even for the N-gon purpose though it seems slightly unintuitive to me. Maybe I'm just over-thinking it now, but here's  screenshot to help me explain: http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=51228

I marked click positions that cause the selection shown orange. The red marks in the third picture show what I would expect to contribute to this selection, but don't currently.

I would love to see the "old behaviour" back for quads and the new one used for Ngons only to allow easy selection.

Again, I may just be over-thinking it (heck, and I hardly use N-gons, so power users in that regard may have a different idea on this) and it's potentially a very subjective preference, but just thought I'd chime in.

Cheers,
Patrick