[Bf-committers] select loop behavior

metalliandy metalliandy666 at googlemail.com
Mon May 13 14:15:17 CEST 2013

It's problematic because of the examples in the first post. If I am
trying to select a loop similar to the picture in the first post then it
selects the whole face, which means I have to either change to edge mode
and deselect the offending edge or reselect the other verts. manually.
As fredrik said, this causes workflow problems when working with single
strip quads when doing things like retopo or in my case blocking out a
high/lowpoly surface.

Without trying to sound like a dick, I cannot imagine a real world
example where any modeller who is at least relatively experienced would
want to select the boundary of an ngon in the manner that you presented
in your example...people just shouldn't model that way. Ngons should
never be used as a boundary... only ever on flat, non deforming surfaces
and only then if they are surrounded by a loop of quads. They can always
inset the ngon and the problem is fixed for them.

Cheers,

-Andy