[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting notes, May 12 2013

Nahuel Belich casillapforos at yahoo.com.ar
Sun May 12 21:37:42 CEST 2013

Hello
Probably this is not the place to ask for a feature request but ill put my stone faec and trow it any ways :)

--Solidify modifier--
Add and control rim subdivisions

-Argument--
The creasing option its very usefull when we model using SubD, i  use it mainly when modeling organic solid surfaces(http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/19295  i dont have too many things published), but a great use of the solidify its to add depth to simple geometry, in this case lots of subdivision are needed to achive a soft and sharp crease, the other option its to apply the solidify and add subdivision manually, in order to use less subdivision to get a nice border,  see the image below.
http://www.pasteall.org/pic/51174

Thanks
Nahuel Belich