[Bf-committers] Some changes in 3D view header (and general RNA-generated UI)

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Sun May 12 11:58:52 CEST 2013

On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 11:18 AM, Bastien Montagne
<montagne29 at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> * Object mode menu is now longer when the "mode name" is too short
> (using a cheap trick)... But do we really want that? It takes some room
> in the header, on small screens it’s not optimal imho.

Ah, I just now noticed you left out the Mode, thought that was being
clipped. I think that should really be added back so that we have
"Object Mode", "Sculpt Mode", .. etc. That's how it's called in
documentation and elsewhere in the UI, it's really "Object Mode"
rather than Mode: "Object". Also to communicate that this option is
related to modes as there is no Mode: label.

> * Transform space is solved by adapting Enum menus' width to the longest
> string of the enum, instead of using a dummy placeholder text when
> computing width. This should benefits to other similar UI items too,
> especially when translated.

Ok.

> * EnumPropertyItem manipulators_items[] values' identifiers have been
> cleaned up.
>
> Regarding the PROP_ENUM_NO_CONTEXT stuff, yes, it was giving me a
> (strange) issue with mode selector, where on startup the enum itemf func
> was getting a NULL context from rna access code (and hence returning all
> items), as this flag was enabled... :/
>
> Yet I agree that "quick fix" was not a good idea, investigating a bit
> more I found another way to solve this (by calling
> WM_operator_properties_sanitize() in uiItemsFullEnumO(), which imho
> makes sense). I still wonder a bit why this PROP_ENUM_NO_CONTEXT is set
> on startup, though...

Ok.