[Bf-committers] platform maintainers: request to update exr lib to 2.0

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Fri May 10 23:37:06 CEST 2013

Hi,

Can we push our exr to 2.0? (+oiio +ocio +osl - due to dependancies)
I know we just recently updated it to 1.7.1 but 2.0 just came out with
multipart support.

Blender (trunk) itself will not benefit from it immediately, but the
multiview branch [1] requires exr 2.0. I don't know if part of the branch
can be ready for 2.68, but regardless it's important for me to have users
testing it. To have users building their own libraries is a bit too much to
ask, thus my request.

I don't mind if we have to wait for after an eventual 2.67a. As long as we
can agree on the need for the push.

[1] - http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2013-May/040116.html

Thanks,
Dalai