[Bf-committers] Leap Motion seeding to Blender developers & artists

Mike Erwin significant.bit at gmail.com
Thu May 9 02:24:41 CEST 2013

Ooh, interesting! I was tempted to sign up for their developer program,
then looked at my long list of todo items for Wacom and 3Dx hardware...

Dan Eicher <dan at trollwerks.org> wrote:

> and maybe (I suspect someone might already be working on this):
>
> 3) research GHOST integration on the level of 3Dconnexion et al.
>
> The last one would probably be quite the undertaking since AFAICT it would
> need some serious (3d) multi-touch support to translate the input data into
> usable blender events although I'm really just guessing at this point.
>
> Dan

Is anyone already working on this? I second your guess about it needing
additional support. FWIW, I just got a touch-screen laptop with Windows 8
and latest Ubuntu to continue exploring multitouch gestures. Leap's finger
tracking could be fed into a common gesture recognizer -- if we had one --
similar to a touch surface. It's probably capable of even cooler stuff
though.

Mike Erwin
musician, naturalist, pixel pusher, hacker extraordinaire