[Bf-committers] Stereo viewport

Alexey Akishin alex at science.su
Wed May 8 21:53:58 CEST 2013

	For relatively long time we have stereo support in BGE, but unfortunately not in viewport. I have posted a patch on the tracker:
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=35266&group_id=9&atid=127
	It adds following features:

	* It is possible to choose stereo mode and eye separation distance.
	* Currently 4 stereo modes implemented (anaglyph red/cyan, green/magenta, magenta/green, yellow/blue).  I do not feel confident implementing non-anaglyph modes because I only have anaglyph glasses.
	* It's possible to choose pivot point, cursor, an object or infinity as convergence point.
	* Eye separation can be absolute or relative (if relative, eye separation distance will be multiplied by distance between viewport camera and convergence point).

	I hope these features are of interest to others as well. When colors are not very important, I find it helpful - for example, when sculpting, retopologizing, etc.