[Bf-committers] Issue of building blender-2.67 on rawhide (OpenCOLLADA)

Jochen Schmitt Jochen at herr-schmitt.de
Wed May 8 21:19:04 CEST 2013

On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 08:37:49PM +0200, Brecht Van Lommel wrote:
> > https://github.com/gaiaclary/OpenCOLLADA
> >
> > This is the officially used OpenCollada version that is currently
> > used by Blender. I thought there is a script that picks up the
> > correct OpenCollada version automatically for linux users.

This is only a reference on the git repository. I need an exact
specification of the required release of openCOLLADA.

> Are there changes in this repository that are not in the official
> OpenCollada one? My understanding is that Fedora has an OpenCollada
> package that the Blender package depends on, and this can't be built
> from a custom branch specifically for Blender.

The official blender package depends on the openCOLLADA package which
is provided in fedora.

> Probably the solution is either for Fedora to update to the latest
> OpenCollada, or for us to update the Blender 2.67 svn tag and source
> package with the fix I did.

After I know, which release of openCOLLADA we need exactly, I will contact
the package maintainer of openCOLLADA to get a new build of this package.

Best Regards:

Jochen Schmitt