[Bf-committers] Issue of building blender-2.67 on rawhide (OpenCOLLADA)

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Wed May 8 20:37:49 CEST 2013

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 8:01 PM, Gaia <gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org> wrote:
> Brecht has committed a solution for this just this afternoon.
> Can you update from subversion and try again ?
>
> If you want to build Blender 2.67 then you must update
> your OpenCollada version to this one:
>
> https://github.com/gaiaclary/OpenCOLLADA
>
> This is the officially used OpenCollada version that is currently
> used by Blender. I thought there is a script that picks up the
> correct OpenCollada version automatically for linux users.

Are there changes in this repository that are not in the official
OpenCollada one? My understanding is that Fedora has an OpenCollada
package that the Blender package depends on, and this can't be built
from a custom branch specifically for Blender.

Probably the solution is either for Fedora to update to the latest
OpenCollada, or for us to update the Blender 2.67 svn tag and source
package with the fix I did.

Brecht.