[Bf-committers] Weekly Blender developer meeting notes - May 5, 2013

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun May 5 17:23:27 CEST 2013

Hi all,

Here's the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders,

1) Blender 2.67 status

- Showstopper issue! The Release Candidate had a buggy startup.blend compiled in, which causes a memory error for 32 bits versions. Unfortunately this version then can save out corrupted files, which again crash for 64 bits too. Needs urgent investigation and fix.

Action: removed the 32 bits RC from blender.org, and don't use it!

(Explanation: if you save 64 bits files it has long pointers, these need to be mapped to 32 bits for a lookup table, we suspect this went wrong, but that code worked for over a decade...)

- We'll spend at least a day for this showstopper to get fixed. The release would use more testing as well. A call for release will happen Tuesday (Europe day time) soonest.

2) Other projects

- New Explode Modifier videos have been posted:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php?title=User:Scorpion81

3) Google Summer of Code

Submissions closed last friday, we have over 40 proposals to review now. Nothing gets final or published until May 27th though, when Google announces the results.

Thanks,

-Ton-