[Bf-committers] i18n maintenance is on hold

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 16:03:56 CET 2013

Then i'd say it's high time to solve this loose strings.

This issue is discussing like at least year or two, and nothing changed in
this front meanwhile.

Let's just switch from blaming on things which are here only because old
crap is not fixed to fixing this old crap. That'd be much more constructive
discussion.

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 4:08 PM, Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> It is not about fixing things that's inside your domain, it was about
> adding new concepts for handling translations, which changes how UI scripts
> have to maintained.
>
> That topic had two aspects:
>
> - The loose custom strings in UI scripts were there temporary, and meant
> to disappear in due time.
>
> - The syntax for how users and developers handle UI scripts is something
> we should together agree on.
>
> Combined it makes this something we should communicate on together to get
> an agreement on. So Thomas' (or my) issue was not about indivdual commits
> or fixes, it's about a change in spec and how we want to handle things.
>
> -Ton-

> Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation   ton at blender.org    www.blender.org
> Blender Institute   Entrepotdok 57A  1018AD Amsterdam   The Netherlands
>
> On 28 Mar, 2013, at 22:37, Daniel Genrich wrote:
>
> > As far as I know, the devs don't need the "green light" from the module
> > owner for every commit they do.
> >
> > mont29 also did several commits to fluids and cloth, too without running
> > by me first. That was fine, no big changes.
> > I don't think we should encourage "blocking type" commits (everything
> > needs to get "green light" first). We're not Sun with Open Office who
> > scares devs away, right? :-)
> >
> > I was under the impression, that the "module owner" is about bigger
> > things. No idea, I am wrong? ^^
> > Just my 2 cents.
> >
> > Daniel / Genscher
> >

> > Am 28.03.2013 22:13, schrieb Thomas Dinges:
> >> So all in all, it's all about communication. We have the module owner
> >> list for a reason. Please respect that.
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >> Thomas

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin