[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [55665] trunk/blender/source/blender/ editors/interface/interface_draw.c: fix/workaround [#34346] Blender total crashes when File/ User preferences twice and go to System tab

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 13:11:59 CET 2013

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 8:36 PM, Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:
> Hi Campbell,
>
> That's an interesting discovery, but the same code you can find for other cases in Blender, for example for the transform widgets, and probably bone drawing options too.
>
> So I wonder what precisely the issue is here - does it have to do with opening a 2nd window?
>
> -Ton-

This a crash in the driver for nvidia-nouveau-opensource (and ATI too
according to reporter), but not software-mesa-gl or
closed-source-nvidia

The crash happens when using multi-windows, and GLUquadricObj inside a
display-list.
This doesn't effect the manipulator since its not using display-lists
but your right, I checked and it does effect bones (surprising this
wasn't reported).

The reason I committed the workaround is that even if its fixed in the
driver, enough users will have unfixed drivers that are out now.

For now we could have the same workaround for bones, its unlikely to
be a big performance problem...
or revert this commit and accept the crash (users of buggy drivers
just can't use multi-windows in that case).

--
- Campbell