[Bf-committers] Face capture test question

Emilio Riquelme / Diseñador Multimedia emilioriquelme at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 07:16:56 CET 2013

Hello guys,
                I am who designed the face rig prototype v2.1 for Face
Capture (thread). I would like to ask: would it be possible that, in the
future, blender has the capability to track videos in realtime with the
same algorithms that is using now? The reason I ask this is that realtime
tracking would increase chances that the prototype become part of a
professional animation pipeline because it can save a lot of animation time
as a motion capture tecnique. As Blendiac said to me before, if the
solution imply a 30x effort just for something that can be done by
recording your own videofiles, then it does not worth it. I understand
that,  and as I am doing 3d animation and I don't know much about coding
neither the complexity of realtime, I would like to know your opinion and
criteria about the matter.

By the way, which are the official steps to develope an addon for Blender
2.66. I would love to develope someday "face capture interface" addon for
animators and riggers. Thank you very much for your time and atention.
Respectfully.

Militoarg
--
Emilio Riquelme, Licenciado en Diseño Gráfico, Diseñador Multimedia.
www.emilioriquelme.com.ar