[Bf-committers] UV packing and island margins

Jed jedfrechette at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 19:06:56 CET 2013

Hi Campbell,

Campbell Barton wrote
> I'll probably check on this if nobody else beats me to
> it.

Thanks, as noted I have a pretty trivial patch for Smart UV project that
makes it behave a little better if you want me to file it as a bug.

Campbell Barton wrote
> Note that each face can be assigned to different image so having a
> margin based on pixels isn't so straightforward since one UV island
> could use different image sizes,
> although just using the current image displayed may be `good enough`:)

Ah, I hadn't considered that, is this still a problem if margins are defined
in texture space coordinates (0-1)? That way it is up to the user to figure
out how many pixels that margin corresponds to for their chosen texture
size, or sizes. The absolute size of the margin would be different for
different texture sizes but that is usually what you want anyway. More
importantly, unlike the current system, the relationship would be
predictable.